Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Color of the Day is Yellow

It's sunny and I feel cheerful today. I was just accepted to display my art on the TrunkT.org site. My portfolio will be accessible later today or tomorrow and I look forward to filling it with my current paintings.

I was also feeling sunny a few days ago when I completed this loose, painterly mass of yellow roses in a celadon vase. For the painters in the room, my pigments were New Gamboge, Winsor Yellow, WN Perylene Green, DS Undersea Green and Winsor Violet. I'm loving this perylene green! It goes from a soft grey-green to almost-black. I think these cool greens really emphasize the warm intense gamboge. I'm off to buy some more perylene green at Cheap Joe's special one-day $1 shipping sale!


Here is Yellow Roses, 11" x 14" original watercolor


3 comments:

ESCUDERO said...

I love this Linda - I like the incredible yellow flowers mixed in contrast to the purple. Your paintings are with very few brush strokes. Amazing!

Uneekdolldesigns said...

I like this! Great shades of yellow and the flowers are done so uniquely! Great job!!

ESCUDERO said...

Hi Linda - It's nice to see your smiley face. Thanks for dropping by. Amen to the politics, but do you know I actually am really in to it. This painting just came out, because I suppose I'm subconsciously tired of all of the rhetoric.

These flowers bring me much joy... I love yellow, and I rarely use this magnificent and sunny color.

Keep up the good work Linda, and lets all go paint instead of politics! Bye