Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year, New Look

The new year is rather distracting for me, so far. My father-in-law is not well, one son needed help moving, and one son is in China on a study-abroad course and was robbed today (his wallet from his hotel room, he's ok.) And I have a 14' Christmas tree to dismantle and 7 large boxes of decorations to put away. However, I am falling asleep planning paintings rather than singing Christmas carols. So..... I expect to get that brush wet sometime next week.

For now, here is a look at a painting I did of a friend several years ago. I was reminded of this painting when I saw a current photo on his facebook page blowing the same horn.


Toot Sweet

6 comments:

ESCUDERO said...

Hi Linda - It seems like it has been eons since I've commented. Hope you're doing well. Beautiful painting. Is it oil? Yes, it sounds like you have been a very busy bee. Take care.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Theresa Rankin said...

Hello Linda I found your blog through another and saw you were a neighbor...thought I would say hi and what a wonderful blog you have and some truly beautiful work!

Pyzahn said...

Cool art. And I was very happy to see you are from St. Louis...cause, gosh, me too! Keep me posted on any shows.

prattlefromtheflatlands.blogspot.com

storybeader said...

Love your watercolors...thought I'd finally comment!

Deronda designs... said...

How wonderful.