Wednesday, September 3, 2008

What does a full-time artist do?

Well, I can tell you what they do not do.
  • They do not volunteer to be treasurer and business manager of their local art society.

  • They do not volunteer to have Grandpa's 88 birthday party at their house instead of a restaurant.

  • They do not blog or otherwise promote their work.

  • They do not sell art on the Internet.

  • They do not ship their art anywhere.

  • They do not clean their house.

  • They do not cook dinner for their husband and/or kids.

  • They do not do laundry.

  • They do not feed the dogs.

  • IF they do all of the above, they do not sleep.


Well, I am doing all of the above today and I am going to sleep tonight. So, guess what? No painting again today. (Just a small rant because I am blessed with a very full life.)

But here is a look at a painting I did a few months ago.

This is White Sands, original watercolor, 15" x 20", available in my Etsy Shop.

5 comments:

iPictured This said...

Amen sister! I sleep less today than when my children were babies :) Beautiful watercolors!!!

Unknown said...

Wow Linda, you just discribed my life! Wouldn't trade it for any oher! Blenda

Karla said...

Im still smiling at this one!! I am nearly in the same boat, except it is my 91 year old grandma and my extremely eccentric mom trying to care for her and I dont have any pets:-)

Designing Hilary said...

I must be a full-time artist ... I don't do any of those things! *lol*

Your art is beautiful! I found you through Entrecard and I'm adding you to my favorites list.

ESCUDERO said...

Amen to that sister